Ilana Katz MS, RD, CSSD - Sport Nutrition
In order to maximize performance and recovery, accomplish optimal energy levels, and maintain ideal body composition, nutrition and physical activity must be closely linked. It is impossible to find success in your sport without a nutrition strategy. Well-conditioned bodies cannot be created by just spending many hours in the gym or playing sport. A nutrition strategy is critical, not only to ensure an optimal flow of energy and fluid into the muscles, but also for improving power, sustaining concentration, optimizing work outs, and maintaining ideal body composition.
Education and certification
- Georgia State University , MS in Nutrition
- Dietetic internship with enrichment in Sports Nutrition
- Registered/Licensed Dietitian
- Certified Specialized Sport Dietitian (C.S.S.D)
- National Council Certified Personal Trainers (N.C.C.P.T)
- Published Articles in Sports and Fitness Magazine, Active.com, Triathlete, Runners World, and on editorial board for PoweringMuscles.com, theOptimalathlete.com and DedicatedAthlete.com
- Co-Author for sport nutrition educational text (Springboard Divers Nutrition)
- Nutritionist for many local celebrities (see Bert Weiss's Atlanta's guys gone shirtless, photo shoot).
- Live radio panel on Barnes and Firfer morning radio, and Bert Show in house nutrition expert.
- Live TV appearance for UPN "Meet the Products",
- Corporate Wellness consultant for Harmony Properties, Blue Ridge Capital, St Martin's School, Dekal Medical facility Security team, Shira Miller Communications, GHI CPAs and Attorneys, and many more.
- Sports nutritionist consultant for Troy Jacobson, creator of Spinerval DVDs
- On nutritional panel for launch of Starbucks Protein drinks - VivannoT
- Adjunct Lecturer for Life University Nutrition Department
- Runs the Nutrition clinic at LIFE university's wellness & optimal performance center
- Sports Nutrition trends including weight management and body composition
- Sports nutrition meal planning and diet analysis, Overall health, fitness and optimal energy
- Corporate Wellness