Are you having trouble fitting in a quality, targeted, cycling work out during the week? The Grind will take your performance to the next level. Many of our athletes consider this class their "secret weapon" to improving off and on season cycling power and speed.
Come try a class on us! Simply email email@example.com
Class Info- The Grind is now even better in our new state of the art custom designed performance center.
What you will need...
- Heart rate monitor or power meter
- Stationary trainer (you may rent a Cyclops PT 400 spin cycle, Computrainer, or PowerBeam Pro stationary trainer for additional charge). We do have several loaner trainers if it is your first time and Grind participants receive 15% off trainers in our Pro Shop.
- Towel, water bottle, and some calories
- Your bicycle (cadence sensor recommended)
- Tuesday PM starts 10/23: 6:00-7:30 pm (90 min. class). This class is more endurance and strength endurance focused.
- Thursday PM starts 10/11: 6:30-7:30pm (60 min. class). Many of our athletes participate in the Strength Training For Endurance Athletes class prior to The GRIND.
- Sundays starts 11/11: 11:00am-1pm (2 hour class) ONLY when temperature is below 55 degrees.
Class Format- The classes are periodized for maximum effectiveness. The first three months will mainly target aerobic level fitness before proceeding to higher substrates. During the spring the classes bisect into a "long course" and "short course" format and athletes may choose which class is most applicable to their training or do a GRIND BRICK.
NEW! GRIND BRICKS
- First class is FREE. Come try it out.
- At the door $12 non-members/$10 for coached athletes and team members. You may also purchase a 6 session punch card applicable to any of our classes for $60/$72 non-members.
- GRIND by the month $75
- Grind classes are Free to all Gold level coached athletes
Metrics, Heart Rate, and Power Training
The main metrics we will use in the class are cadence (rpm) and intensity (power or heart rate zones). In order to train accurately and for best results you should have your zones established by a VO2 Max test or Functional Threshold Power Test. If you attend The Grind monthly you may receive a 10% discount on these testing services.
- Jennifer Lesser
"One thing I like about The Grind is that keeps my athletes safe. I know that may sound weird but with all the crazy drivers out there I know my athletes will get nonstop action without worrying about cars, dogs, or even waiting for lights to change. It's 2 hours on those pedals."
- SF Coach Holly Marzetti
"THE GRIND has improved the cycling fitness of my friends so much that I decided to join them now, so I won't be dropped later! This is my first off-season participating in THE GRIND, but I'm already noticing a positive difference in cycling fitness and technique. Using a race-tested and proven approach, Coach Matt and other Sport Factory coaches do a great job of making time on the trainer BENEFICIAL and FUN!"
- Lou Hablas
"The classes push me further than I am capable of pushing myself. I leave knowing I had the absolute best work out possible! Thanks for the great classes they continue to help me outdoors!"
- Vallee O.
"I have been a part of these weekly efforts with Coach Matt since 2006, and I am confident that my cycling has improved tremendously as a result of our consistently challenging, targeted sessions on the bike every week. The group setting is definitely advantageous for all of us, and the design of the workout by an Expert Level Cycling and Triathlon coach ensures a high quality session, attainable for more than just the athletes on Coach Matt's personal roster."
- SF Coach and Elite Team Athlete Amy Kloner